We know that there is uncertainty amongst students about how the academic year will unfold. We know the University experience will be different, however, our primary concern is that your experience as a University of Chester student is safe, positive and engaging and if you feel it isn’t – you can feedback to your Union about how your Chester journey can be improved.
The Students’ Union will continue to deliver services and opportunities for students for 2020/21. Adjustments have been made to ensure we can support you safely throughout the year, with the main differences being:
- The Union at Parkgate will be ran on an appointment basis only. This means to have a face-to-face meeting with your Elected Officers, speak with our Representation team to find out how to become a Student Experience Rep or what amazing societies we have on offer – you have to book. Fear not, this is a simple process that can be done by emailing our departments:
Meet with your Elected Officers by emailing:
CSU President – Eleanor Lewis – SUPresident@chester.ac.uk
VP Activities – Daniel Forrester – SUActivities@chester.ac.uk
VP Education – Jack Rankin – VPEducation@chester.ac.uk
Or, to book an appointment with a Union service or department:
To book an Advice appointment email – email@example.com
To book a Societies appointment email – firstname.lastname@example.org
To book a Student Experience Rep appointment email – email@example.com
If you are unsure who to book with, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Virtual appointments across the Union are also available and bookable via the email addresses above. For example, our Advice service can offer you confidential and impartial advice all from the comfort of your own accommodation should you wish. Our team of Advisors have been working remotely since the start of the pandemic and many students have found the experience to be a streamlined process.
- The student space and kitchen facilities at Parkgate Road will be unavailable to students until further notice. This is to be reviewed regularly and will return as soon as it is safe to do so
- Student groups are still running and are looking for new members! Society committee members have been trained to deliver sessions for students safely. Some of these sessions may be virtual, but it’s a great time to meet like-minded people to broaden your circle.
- Student representation is at the heart of CSU – and that remains at the core of the Union regardless of a pandemic. Student Experience Reps will continue to be recruited, trained and feeding back to the University throughout the course of the year. This will primarily be virtual meetings via MS Teams. Your Elected Officers will still be endeavouring for student feedback through virtual Union on Tour to make sure any blended learning feedback is being passed on and improvement as soon as possible.
- The Union at Warrington will be open on an appointment basis too. Contact your VP Warrington, Sam Derbyshire (email@example.com) to make an appointment.
- The Union at Shrewsbury has been relocated to the ground floor (previous Reception area) and is open to students on an appointment basis. Contact your VP Shrewsbury, Adam Kerr (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make an appointment.